Sunday, December 22, 2019

Singing Christmas Carols to a seniors’ house

Since the most significant winter holidays are almost here, today (Sunday – December 22’19) I was inviting a number of good, loyal and reliable friends to join me for a visit to a seniors’ house in town, to sing them several Christmas carols, and to bring along a renewed message of joy, peace and goodwill. 
The residents were happy to see us and while we were singing our seasonal songs, the youngest member of our group (a lovely teenage boy) was serving them each with Lindt chocolates (separately wrapped) which I personally bought and brought especially for the occasion. 
On the first part of our program, we offered the audience a number of Romanian Christmas carols, while on the second part we sang them several well-known English ones for which I did invite our listeners to sing with us and few seniors did join along.

The event in itself was really touching, because the faces of those elders really brought back to most of us dear memories of our own grandparents…it felt like their images (the images of our own grandparents) were transcending time & for few moments they were in the same audience together with the other residents…perfect moments to cherish, leaving behind a pregnant trace of a gentle, yet meaningful occurrence, nonetheless highlighting the spirit of Christmas. Beyond any doubt, it was a rewarding experience for all! After we concluded our program there, candidly receiving their applause, we waved them ’good bye’, while wishing all blessed & peaceful holidays, with a very Merry Christmas & a happy New Year! On our way out, the satisfying ’taste’ of giving was filling our hearts with such a genuine joy!

On the other hand, while still at this page, I’m extending again my most sincere appreciation to my invitees who were able and willing to join me today. It is a super busy time of the year for everyone, but through their prompt reply to my call they proved to be wonderful souls who care and value the joy of giving. I consider myself super blessed to have them all part of my circle! 
Alice
Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. 
It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. 
It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.