Dear friends of our Circle,
Following up on the artisanal Romanian mini-workshop I initiated during “Ziua Iei
2026” celebration (aka: “The Universal Day of the Romanian Blouse 2026”)
and responding to the interest expressed directly to me by several friends of our
socio-cultural community, I am delighted to share that on Thursday (August
13’26) I organized for the friends of our Circle the first part (part 1
of 3) of a hands-on workshop, dedicated
to the ancient art of the traditional Romanian embroidery, and the craft was taught
by artisan Lucreția Cioată.
This workshop was offered
exclusively to the friends of our literary and socio-cultural Circle (Circle’s
friends = Circle’s members), and each participant was offered a starter
kit, as a base to commence learning the craft. Please be advised
that this was a MEMBERS ONLY EVENT (Circle’s friends = Circle’s members).
Needless to say that we all enjoyed wonderful moments of art and creativity in
a warm atmosphere, where every thread came to life, telling us timeless
stories.
Both, Ms. Lucreția and I had a blast weaving beautiful memories together with our friends, and with much anticipation we are looking forward to the second part of this workshop!
Both, Ms. Lucreția and I had a blast weaving beautiful memories together with our friends, and with much anticipation we are looking forward to the second part of this workshop!
Until then, from me, only the best!
Alice
Hand-sewing traditional Romanian embroideries promote
cultural literacy, informed sustainable practices, intergenerational memory and
reflective engagement – all embedded in a simple and humble stitch!



