Wednesday, December 21, 2022

December 2022: “ALICE & Friends“ – winter charity

Dear friends, I’m glad to share with you that on the first day of a very cold winter (December 21, 2022) I was able to organize the annual charity of the Circle.
Given that nowadays the economy is somehow slowing down and the price of food is constantly increasing, this year we extended a helping hand to a Food Bank Agency from Vancouver (also helped by Fraser Health Authority), which is serving daily a hot lunch, snacks, fruits, tea or coffee to many vulnerable people (men, women & teenagers) living with mental illnesses, poverty or homelessness. In my opinion, they are doing a great humanitarian work!

With a handful of small donations offered by few enthusiasts of Alice & Friends Circle as well as my family contribution, this charitable gesture happened.
After I discussed with the manager in charge of community projects I understood their needs and I’ve purchased the type of food they would need to cook those hot meals for the needy people they are taking care of. Our gesture was very well received and sincerely appreciated!

Probably some of you may wonder why do I continue to share these gestures with you?! Well, the reason of this sharing is to continue to exemplify (to the point, from a community perspective) that if you really want to do good in this world it is possible without being super rich, but rather being willing to hear, to see, and to care!

Concluding, my most sincere appreciation to my loyal friends for their ongoing collaboration! Without any doubt, all these heart driven projects bring along a deeper understanding of humanity in general, words can’t properly describe.
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” (Winston Churchill)
● Previous philanthropies I organized for Alice & Friends Circle™ – 2021 | 2020 | 2019 (gesture 1 & gesture 2) | 2018